I love February, y'all. Valentine's Day is my favorite holiday. I know, it's not the most common choice for a favorite holiday. And no, I wouldn't give up Christmas for Valentine's Day. Yet, there is something so sweet about this day of love and I just adore it.
I love the colors, the hearts and the feelings I get around Valentine's Day. I love that it celebrates love and encourages us to think about the people we hold dear. While marketed toward romantic love, I think it's a great season for all of us to enjoy sweet treats, kind notes and intentional time with the people that bring love into our lives.
However you feel about Valentine's Day, I hope your February is full of joy, purpose and of course, love. I'm fired up about what God has put on my heart for this year, and I am so grateful to get to share the monthly journey with you here.
January goals Progress
My January goals didn't happen in my typical fashion because I was still working through the process of goal setting for the year. But, I did take time at the end of the month to look back at the steps I took toward my goals in January, even as I was still creating them! Also, the numbers listed beside each item indicate which of my yearly goals the monthly goal is helping me take a step toward.
- In January...
- We participated in our church's annual 21 Days of Prayer and Fasting. (Yearly Goal 1)
- Woody and I had a marriage vision retreat day to set vision for our family. (Yearly Goal 2)
- Rachel, Emily and I hosted the first gathering of Season Two of The Orchard! (Yearly Goals 4, 5, 6, 8, 10)
- I went through goal setting with my team at work. (Yearly Goal 8)
- I completed my PowerSheets prep work! Hooray! (Yearly Goal 8)
- We welcomed several people into our home for meals and conversation. (Yearly Goals 3, 4, 7)
- Woody and I had a budget party. (Yearly Goals 8, 10)
- Woody and I had our first month of family calendar planning. (Yearly Goals 2, 8)
- We took down our Christmas decor. (Yearly Goal 7)
- We enjoyed the first day of the New Year with friends. (Yearly Goal 4)
- I posted my new marriage products to the TLK Shop and organized product categories. (Yearly Goal 6)
- Have three meaningful date nights with Woody (Yearly Goal 2)
- February family calendar planning (Yearly Goal 2, 8)
- Plan and enjoy Valentine's weekend with Woody and friends (Yearly Goals 2, 4, 5)
- Invite Mom for a weekend in Birmingham (Yearly Goal 3)
- Kick off Young Marrieds Small Group with the Bradshaws (Yearly Goals 2, 4, 10)
- Post friendship list where I can regularly see it (Yearly Goals 4, 8)
- Have two friend times-coffee, lunch, dinner, etc. (Yearly Goal 4)
- Write for the TLK blog (two posts plus goals) (Yearly Goal 6)
- Host The Orchard, meeting two (Yearly Goals 4, 5, 6, 8, 10)
- Try YNAB (Yearly Goals 8, 10)
- Write thank you notes (Yearly Goal 8)
- NC trip with Woody to visit family and friends (Yearly Goals 2, 3, 4, 5)
- Choose blessing fund purpose (Yearly Goal 8, 10)
I'd love to see your February goals if you've posted them somewhere or want to share them in the comments below!